Grilled Thai Beef Salad
Spring is officially here and the weather is noticeable getting warmer. This tends to be the time of the year where we really enjoy a great salad. Spice up your salad today with a pan grilled Thai Beef Salad for lunch. We love this salad because the beef along with the dressing compliments everything together really well. We marinaded the steak overnight so it really is flavorful! However if you don’t feel like waiting, you can marinate the meat for at least 2 hours. My wife loves this salad and I’m sure you will too!
1 lb. sirloin steak or london broil
3 tbsp lime juice
lime zest (from whole lime)
2 tbsp cane sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
red leaf lettuce
2 sprigs cilantro
1. Prepare your steak prior to marination by patting it drown dry as much as possible with a paper towel.
2. In a bowl, combine lime juice, lime zest, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, minced garlic, chili garlic sauce and cilantro mixed well together. Set aside the marinade mixture for later.
3. Put the steak inside a zip lock bag.
4. Pour half of the the marinade mixture made from earlier into the zip lock bag and let it marinate with the steak for at least few hours or overnight.
5. When the steak is fully marinated, it is ready for cooking (grilling or pan sear). Preheat your grill pan add 3 tbsp of oil in when pan is hot.
6. Pan sear the steak on medium heat for 3 minutes each side.
7. Remove the cooked steak off the grilling pan and set it on a plate and cover with aluminum foil for 5 minutes before cutting it up into thin slices.
8. Cut the steak into thin slices and prepare your salad greens and serve with remaining marinade as salad dressing right on top.