Morimoto NYC Restaurant
Over this past summer, I had been in New York quite a bit, especially in Manhattan with my family soaking the whole New York scene up for a solid month. On one of many memorable nights, I had a craving for Japanese sushi and decided to try outJapanese sushi restaurant called Morimoto. It is a very nice trendy, customer service oriented place with very decent food. I knew the spot would be on the pricey side but it was worth it. Prior to showing up, I booked reservations for here and ended up showing late over an hour. They were generous enough to hold a spot for us. On to the food, the menu had plenty of entree meals and fresh sushi rolls to order along with a great selection of wine, beer and other exclusive in house drinks. From the moment we sat down at our table, we were treated with some of the finest most attentive customer service I ever received. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and nice our waiter was. Usually I just expect good to great food but customer service is generally not a given in New York.
One of the various plates of food we ordered was a delicious fresh serving of tuna, salmon, soft shell crab rolls and unagi shown below.
Here we have some very fresh sashimi plate served on the rocks….yumm! I should have gone with a large order instead.
Crispy rock shrimp tempura done to perfection is definitely recommended for shrimp lovers.
Iron Chef Morimoto’s very own in house brew special beer.
A delicious serving of scallops topped off with scallions.
Yosedofu, which is fresh tofu created at our table served with crab ankake and soy sauce. It was amazing!
– Trendy modern looking place with great ambiance and atmosphere
– Tasty, creative, delicious small portions and not sure if worth the price but worth the experience
– Great friendly waiters offering fantastic customer service
– Great selection of food and drinks on the menu
– One of the cleanest trendiest public bathrooms I’ve come across in New York period.
– Food and drinks are quite pricey so be prepared to bring your wallet
– Reserve or be left in the dust with sitting somewhere less desirable
As non affordable as this place is, I still highly recommend this place for anyone to try. It has wonderful crafted food, accompanied by great ambiance and customer service which I cant emphasize enough about.Morimoto NYC 88 10th Ave
New York, NY 10024
Neighborhoods: Meatpacking District, Chelsea